soap4all. Through the thorns to the online serials in App Store

Hello.
I present to you another story in the spirit of "My first flashlight in the App Store."



Idea!


Start with the fact that I have to develop under .NET. With all sorts of#, ASP.NET, Winforms, WPF it gives me. I'm even now writing this article and the parallel debajo another mold for WPF, which no one except the customer will not use.
In the end, every couple of months, I was thinking "how long? It is necessary to do something socially useful and interesting!".
But the idea of something socially useful, necessary and not yet done me to visit refused.
Everything changed thanks to my wife that it was time to finally do a degree. To me it is threatened by the fact that the only family MacBook it indefinitely expropriated. What do the pros who are disconnected from the computer and from his wife? Correctly, drinking beer and watching soap operas. The series I was at that time a long time have been looked at soap4.me. And here's me, left alone with his iPhone thinking that I'm probably not the only one. Many would be comfortable to lie down on the couch with their iPads, with a new series of something, to grow a extra inch so-called beer belly. And there was the opportunity to apply obtained from books, articles, video tutorials and heaps of HelloWorld knowledge of Objective-C/Cocoa Touch.

a Beginning.


Rejoiced, I immediately wrote to the guys from soap4.me that here I am, altruistic person, who will write you an app for iOS. And then I had to take a mountain of WPF, Winforms, SQL and other basic work, so that the mind of the public useful activities had to stop. Wife, meanwhile, completed the diploma, gave me a MacBook air, and life went on as usual. And then came the holidays, which according to some family circumstances I had to spend on the beach, and at my parents ' house. In the end, armed with books and tutorials, I have started to do their socially useful Hello World, occasionally interspersing it fun with the help of parents in the household.

Cydia.


Immediately thinking that translated the series is the most that neither is a sample of pirated content, I'm resigned to the fact that benefits to society will have to bear through Cydia and only on devices with jailbreak. But since the application really wanted to use me personally, this did not become — the enthusiasm was rife. Quickly a solution was found, how to develop a device with jailbreak without participating in the iOS Developer Program. Bay a couple of versions in the repository in Cydia, I began to face sudden problems and understand that it podobnego. I even had a bit snarky in the comments to this article and share some of her experience. In the end, came to the conclusion that to extend conventional applications do not contain meaning tight integration with the operating system, Cydia is not necessary, I decided to distribute the application as a simple .ipa file that users installed AppSync can install using Installous or iTunes. It lasted quite long till I spit on all and decided to try his luck in the App Store.

App Store.


Having asked advice on forums and on Habra, even though the vast majority of responses in the spirit of "Yes it is, no chance, boy!", I decided to try to publish. In case of failure of an argument I had one: a bunch of apps for viewing video from Vkontakte, which is no legalnie harmless serialchikov. At stake is, in fact, was only my time and$ 100 for participation in the iOS Developer Program. Traktowa it all as an investment in myself, I set to work. By the time of wishing to see the app in the app Store already has a decent amount of that only fueled interest in what will this all end. Raised an army of interested beta testers using TestFlight, just had to delight them regular updates. He tested the app too regularly: if forces remain, then before sleep I watched the episode of those that I have accumulated unread over the development time. Speaking of beta test: despite approximately 30 registered UDID, according to TestFlight, used the app only 40% of users. Valuable feedback was only from a pair of three users for which they are of course a big thank you. The remaining 60% was basically a waste of valuable places to UDID, which you can only add 100 per year.

Having received many valuable tips and squeeze the most out of the provided API, I decided it was time to finish the beta test and sent the application for consideration by the censors. Success I'm not particularly hoping, and not particularly upset when he saw the letter stating that the application is rejected. But after reading the reason of refusal, I was delighted. The application was rejected under paragraph 11.12 of the App Store Review Guidelines: because to use the application you need a premium account, its purchase shall be implemented through In-App Purchase. And not a word about copyright on the content! Of course, there was the possibility that it could be the next cause of failure, but still it had a good demotiviruet. In-App Purchase I rushed to sell on the same day, closer to night, and managed to confirm that this is not so easy in my case. First, you need a Bank account to withdraw money, which I was not. To be involved in the bureaucratic processes of the Bank was not in my plans. In addition, without access to the server side implementation of server-side code is also not promised to be quick. In the end, thanks to one of my beta testers found the application running completely on the same lines, but published in the App Store.
It was given as an example in the Resolution Center with the question "why have them as well but I you not allowed?". Whether the censor got sane, or all of them there are, but we agreed that I will be removed from the application page links to the website where you can directly or indirectly get to the page of buying a premium account, and all will be OK.

Nooooo.


I did it quickly, in parallel, adding a few things, and was about to send another version for review, as happened a very sad event — I was covered with freshly bought SSD, not having worked four months. Then I'm not really upset, because everything important, including all of the code together with a local git repository, sync with Google Drive. But the following events have shocked me, from which I departed a day. In Google Drive lay a very old version of files, and files with the UI description (storyboard) and does not exist. While there are all sorts of images were synchronized. In General, making for a conclusion that Google Drive is a big problem with the synchronization of changes to the already added files, and loudly quarreled mate, I cancelled the purchased subscription and have purchased a subscription to Dropbox, which suffered the 30% code, which I still have. Papandrew a bit, decided not to throw all halfway, and began to write again. A little time has passed, and remaining in the memory whole chunks of code written, so for the next 3 days everything was rewritten from scratch, at the same time treaction and ready to attempt publication.

success!


A week ago I sent an application for review, and in record 6 days in the mail came a package that my app is Ready For Sale. And it happened on Sunday. Apparently the censors felt all the hardships I had to endure in the process of development, and came to work in the output, in order to please me.

The fruits of my labor, one can enjoy by registering on soap4.me by paying a couple bucks a month and download the app on link.
The application works on all iOS devices with iOS > = 5.0 on Board.
Designer me useless, so the appearance is relatively Spartan, but people like it.



Future plans are many:
— push notifications on new episodes.
— sync stop time of the episode between the devices and a browser;
— covers for the seasons;
— interface for iPad.

Also in the plans is to describe some of the nuances of development, because I truly believe that I had to face with something interesting and, again, useful to someone.

What can we learn from this long opus? Well, for example, that it is not necessary to do hasty conclusions, to be afraid to try and throw failures in the intermediate stages. Or that you shouldn't skimp on$ 100 a year, because the preparation and subsequent distribution through Cydia is a pain in the ass. Or the fact that the App Store is not the same. In General, everyone will make something different, but I want to believe that it will be useful.
Meantime, download it, register and see not obstetrics.

UPD. Viewing 3G had to shut down due to pressures from Apple stating that streaming video over the cellular network should be implemented using HTTP Live Streaming, which in turn imposes many restrictions on the format of the provided content. Therefore, in the first version, I decided to do everything to eliminate unnecessary risks when publishing. In the next version I "under the guise of" try this restriction to be removed.
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Fresh hay from the cow, or 3000 icons submitted!

Knowledge base. Part 2. Freebase: make requests to the Google Knowledge Graph

Group edit the resources (documents) using MIGXDB